Information we collect
When you visit our website (covertclip.com) or shop with us online, we collect information about you and/or your use of those web sites. This information falls into three categories: Customer Information, Usage Data and IP Address Details. Depending on the category, the information may be considered to be personally identifiable information.
Customer information is information you explicitly provide to us when you make an online purchase or you sign up to receive our newsletters, including your:
- Email address
- Shipping and billing addresses
- Payment details
Customer Information can usually be used to identify you.
Usage Data is general information about how you interact with our web pages and web sites, such as:
- Pages you visited on our web sites
- How you came to the website (e.g. via our newsletter or an advertisement)
- Which particular buttons or links on the site you clicked
- Whether you have been to the site before
Usage Data is collected using cookies (or similar technologies) placed by us and by third parties (see ‘Who the information is shared with’ below). Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sets in your browser, and which may assign an anonymous identifier to you. Usage Data is not ordinarily considered personally identifiable information.
Whenever you use our websites (or any other web site) the computer from which the web pages are served (the Web server) needs to know your computer’s network address so that it can send the requested web pages to your browser. The public network address associated with your computer is called its "public IP address" and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer's public IP address, it is usually possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer but often not the specific computer and usually not the specific user (if your public IP address is unique to you and is published somewhere public it’s possible that IP address could uniquely identify you). We keep records of the IP addresses from which you access our site to assist us in understanding the online behaviour of our customers or where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself. For example, when you make a purchase, we may record your IP address for security purposes, and that IP address would then be associated in our records with your Customer Information.
How we use the collection information
We use your Customer Information for processing and filling orders placed by you, directly marketing our products, delivering any of our newsletters to your mailbox, and other activities involved in the day-to-day business operations of Covert Clip. Covert Clip uses the Shopify e-commerce platform which is Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant in order to protect your Customer Information when you purchase from our online store.
Usage Data & IP Address
We use Usage Data to assist us in understanding the online behaviour of our customers, which helps us to focus our marketing activities and improve the service we provide on our web sites.
Using web analytics services on our web sites enables us to measure, collect, analyse and report on Usage Data for the purposes of understanding and optimising customers’ experiences on our web sites.
Geographical location information contained in the Usage Data enables us to tailor your experience on our web sites by displaying different content based on your location, such as local currency and pricing, local advertising offers, and content in your preferred language.
Who we share the information with
We share Usage Data with a number of other parties for a range of purposes, including to:
- Handle payments securely (via PayPal Inc. Amazon etc)
- Distribute direct marketing materials from Covert Clip (via MailChimp and other similar systems)
- Connect to social networks (such as via the Pinterest “Pin it” button or via the Facebook “Like” button)
- Pay commission to our affiliates
- Target advertising by sending your Usage Data to our advertising partners, such as Google and Facebook
Usage Data is either collected directly by or disclosed to third parties during the course of a session on our website, or during advertising or marketing campaigns.
We only share Customer Information with providers directly involved with online transactions (e.g. PayPal), or when you have opted in to receive direct marketing material (e.g. via MailChimp).
Information Transferred or Stored Overseas
For further information about how each of the other providers referred to above handles personal information (which may include your Usage Data and Customer Information), we recommend that you visit their respective websites to read their respective privacy policies.
A note on affiliate links
Covert Clip uses various affiliate marketing links to reward those who help to profile our Covert Clip range, which mean that we may pay commission on sales of our products.
When you click on an affiliate link, a cookie is placed to help optimise the affiliate program. Some Usage Data is sent to our affiliate partners.
Your say and how to ‘opt out’
You can contact us to request access to your Customer Information, and any other personal information about you that we may hold. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and provide you with access, except in certain limited circumstances. You can ask us to correct any personal information that is not accurate, up-to-date, complete, and relevant or is misleading, and we will change it where reasonable to do so.
For further information about access and correction, or if you have any complaints or concerns about how we manage your Customer Information or Usage Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you no longer wish us to use your Customer Information, Usage Data or IP Address Details for certain purposes, you can do any or all of the following:
- Opt out of receiving online communications from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our newsletters, advertisement or other communication (as applicable)
- Delete existing cookies from your web browser and/or disable cookies on your computer and/or other devices (as appropriate). Depending on the particular browser you are using (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), this can usually be done on your computer by accessing your ‘Browsing History’ through the ‘Settings’ or ‘Options’ menu (or equivalent) in your web browser, or if you are using a different device, then in the ‘Settings’ for that device. If you do not disable cookies in your web browser, and you subsequently visit our website, fresh cookies are likely to be placed and you may need to repeat the process of deleting existing cookies
- Alter your ad preference settings in each of Google and Facebook, and on the platforms of other providers, if you have access to do so
If you do opt out of receiving communications directly from us, we will no longer use your information for those purposes. If you disable cookies in your web browser, or delete existing cookies, our web sites may not work properly and your experience with our web sites will be less personalised and may make your shopping experience less enjoyable. Deleting existing cookies from your web browser may also cause it to lose recorded information for other web sites, such as previously used usernames and passwords.
Your withdrawal of consent for us to use your information for certain purposes may mean that we can no longer provide our services to you. For example, many of the services of the other providers referred to above, such as PayPal Inc., are integral to our online sales model, and any refusal to disclose Customer Information is likely to prevent us from being able to complete online transactions with you.